The app offers you the opportunity to design SKUs by selecting a mixture of codes created automatically, based on the data of your product or on the data you enter in the app. You will be offered over fifty options to select from!
- for all the products in a single collection.
- for a group of products chosen in the admin Products page or
- for all products in your store, in a single run
- save in SKU or barcode field
To create SKUs you can incorporate the following elements-
- PTA (Product title abbreviation)
- POA (Product options abbreviation)
- PTA (Product type abbreviation)
- PVA (Product vendor abbreviation)
- Auto number - It makes sure that the designed SKU code is distinctive for every run of the generator unless you manually reset it. After every generation run, it is given a discrete increase with the number of SKUs generated, to make sure that the codes do not overlap. It also operates with numbers that are zero-padded such as 001.
Major features of SKUGen
In just a few minutes, create SKUs for all your products. The entire process is super easy and takes only a few minutes. No one likes to work on Excel tables. Say no to them for creating codes!
You just have to set the rules once and be sure that all the SKUs are created using the same. Be assured of consistency!
Printing of Labels
Create a label that you need and print it for your products. Put Barcodes, QR Codes, and product information where you need it. Create everything based on your taste.
Product choices, product type, and product vendor abbreviation all employ these code types-
The First Character - Generates a one-character code from the given name's first character. First 2 - Uses the first two characters of the name to generate a two-character code.
The first three characters of the name are used to generate a three-character code. The first four characters of the name are used to generate a four-character code. Code 2 - For each name, it generates a two-digit code that begins with '01'. Each name has a different code. If the category (options, type, or vendors) has less than 100 unique names, you should utilise this. Code 3 - For each name, it generates a three-digit code beginning with '001'. Each name has its own code, which works in the same way as 'Code 2'. Use Tags and Metafields as SKU components. Combine letters from the product title. Product options, kinds, and sellers have their codes. UPC or EAN barcodes with a check digit calculated automatically, ready to print as a barcode picture that can be scanned.
Automatic SKU generation
Want to create a new product or update a current product? No worries, the app will generate SKUs automatically! You just have to activate this feature when the latest product is created and the app will generate the SKU using the last used template. Great know?
Product label printing
- We have predefined label templates which can be copied and customized
- Customize up to three templates using liquid templating
- You can print labels for products in collections or for up to 50 selected products
- Can print barcode images for item barcode or SKUs using Code-128, EAN-13, or QR code encoding
- Can add product images into custom labels