The app offers you the opportunity to design SKUs by selecting a mixture of codes created automatically, based on the data of your product or on the data you enter in the app. We offer more than 50 options to choose from!
- for all the products in a single collection.
- for a group of products chosen in the admin Products page or
- for all products in your store, in a single run
- save in SKU or barcode field
To create SKUs you can incorporate the following elements-
- PTA (Product title abbreviation)
- POA (Product options abbreviation)
- PTA (Product type abbreviation)
- PVA (Product vendor abbreviation)
- Auto number - It makes sure that the designed SKU code is distinctive for every run of the generator unless you manually reset it. After every generation run, it is given a discrete increase with the number of SKUs generated, to make sure that the codes do not overlap. It also works with zero-padded numbers like 001.
Major features of SKUGen
In just a few minutes, create SKUs for all your products. The entire process is super easy and takes only a few minutes. No one likes to work on Excel tables. Say no to them for creating codes!
You just have to set the rules once and be sure that all the SKUs are created using the same. Consistency is guaranteed!
Design the label as you like it and print labels for your products. Put Barcodes, QR Codes, and product information where you need it. Design everything according to your choice.
These code types are used for product options, product type, and product vendor abbreviation. * the First character - Creates a 1 character code using the first character of the given name. * First 2 - Creates a two-character code using the first two characters of the name. * First 3 - Creates a three-character code using the first three characters of the name. * First 4 - Creates a four-character code using the first four characters of the name. * Code 2 - It creates a two-digit code for each name, starting with '01'. The code is unique for each name. You should use this if you have less than 100 unique names in that category (options, type, or vendors). * Code 3 - It creates a three-digit code for each name, starting with '001'. The code is unique for each name and works in the same way as 'Code 2'. * Letter combinations from product title * Use Tags and Metafields as SKU components * Custom codes for product options, types, and vendors * UPC or EAN barcodes with automatically calculated check digit, ready to be printed as a barcode image that can be scanned
Automatic SKU generation
Creating a new product or updating an existing product? No worries, the app will generate SKUs automatically! You just have to activate this feature when the latest product is created and the app will generate the SKU using the last used template. Great know?
Product label printing
- We have predefined label templates which can be copied and customized
- Customize up to three templates using liquid templating
- You can print labels for products in collections or for up to 50 selected products
- Can print barcode images for item barcode or SKUs using Code-128, EAN-13, or QR code encoding
- Can add product images into custom labels